Naturally Smoked Ingredients Used
|Natural Hardwood Smoked Onion RA16027||0.30%||Nat Hardwood Smoked Onion RA16027 adds an earthy, onion flavor with an ashy smoke flavor.|
|Red Bell Pepper||5.59||0.35||158.50||15.85|
|Red Onion, chopped||7.44||0.47||211.00||21.10|
|Fresh Garlic, minced||2.96||0.19||84.00||8.40|
|Chipotle in Adobo Sauce||0.21||0.01||6.00||0.60|
- Coat the peppers with nonstick cooking spray and place under a very hot broiler, turning occasionally for about 25 minutes, until blackened on the outside and completely soft. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and allow to cool. Peel the pepper and discard skin and seeds.
- Place a dry frying pan over low heat and lightly toast the cumin and caraway seeds for 2 minutes. Remove them to a mortar and use a pestle to grind to a powder.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, garlic, chipotle, tomato paste, lemon juice, salt and ground coriander for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring, until dark in color.
- Pour into a blender or a food processor with the Red Arrow product to puree ingredients together until smooth.
- Store in a sterilized jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.