Creamy Gorgonzola and Wild Mushroom Sauce
Flavors / Smokes Used
|Flavor / Smoke||Usage Rate||Description|
|Grillin' GB-GF||0.25%%||Melds with the cheese flavor giving it a nice smooth grilled taste with a touch of smoke.|
|Portabella Mushrooms, thinly sliced||3.64||0.23||103.10||10.31|
|Onion, small dice||0.62||0.04||17.50||1.75|
|Thyme, fresh leaves, minced||0.05||0.00||1.30||0.13|
|Gorgonzola Cheese, crumbles||2.54||0.16||72.10||7.21|
|Modified Food Starch (Perma Flo)||0.98||0.06||27.90||2.79|
|Rosemary, fresh, minced||0.03||0.00||0.90||0.09|
|Chicken Broth Base||0.14||0.01||4.10||0.41|
|Beef Broth Base||0.10||0.01||2.70||0.27|
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan, when the oil begins to smoke, add the mushrooms and onions. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- While cooking the mushrooms and onions, add the milk, heavy cream, seasoning and starch into a sauce pot.
- Add Red Arrow product to above mixture and whisk all ingredients together.
- Add the onions and mushrooms to the milk mixture and heat on medium flame until a temperature of 160°F is reached. Remove from heat.
- Add the Gorgonzola cheese and fold in.
Other Recommended Flavors:
Nat Caramelized Onion FL WONF 6147-OS: compliments the savory cheese with the taste of sweet dark browned onion.
Usage rate: 0.20%
Nat Toasted Garlic FL WONF 6146-OS: lends a dimension to the garlic in the sauce with a sharp toasted note of garlic.
Usage rate: 0.04%